Arthur Stock's practice is concentrated in securities and
complex financial litigation, consumer class actions and qui
Mr. Stock has litigated numerous significant cases vindicating
the rights of investors, including
Merrill Lynch Securities Litigation, which led a
$475 million settlement for investors in Merrill Lynch common
stock, one of the largest class action recoveries arising from the
subprime mortgage crisis;
Safety-Kleen Corp. Securities Litigation, which
achieved a $45 million recovery for stock investors in a Bankrupt
corporation from its former officers and auditor; and
Blasband v. Rales, which established important
precedents in both the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and the
Delaware Supreme Court establishing the ability of
shareholders to seek recoveries from corporate officers through
Mr. Stock also has also lectured on securities litigation before
several professional organizations, and has published articles on
both securities litigation and contemporary politics.
Mr. Stock also serves as Treasurer, and Member of the Board of
Directors of Adoptions from the Heart, a non-profit adoption
Prominent Judgments & Settlements
- Merrill Lynch
Inc. Securities Litigation ($475 million
Corp. ($45 million stockholders settlement)
- Synergen, Inc. ($28 million
- CryoLife, Inc. ($23.25 million
- U.S. Bioscience ($15.25 million settlement)
UICI ($16 million settlement)
- Livent, Inc. ($6.45 million
- Veeco Instruments Inc. ($5.5 million
- Worldport, Inc. ($5.1 million settlement)
- Datastream ($5 million settlement)
Sobel v. Hertz Corp., 698 F. Supp. 2d 1218 (D.
- In re World Health Alternatives, Inc., 2007 WL
1670180 (W.D. Pa. 2007)
- In re World Health Alternatives, Inc., 369 B.R.
805 (Bankr. D. Del. 2007)
- In re Clarus Corp. Secur. Litig., 201
F. Supp. 2d 1244 (N.D. Ga. 2002)
- Griffin v. PaineWebber, Inc., 84 F.
Supp. 2d 508 (S.D.N.Y. 2000)
- In re Livent Inc. Secur. Litig., 78 F. Supp. 2d
194 (S.D.N.Y. 1999)
- J/H Real Estate Inc. v. Abramson, 901 F.
Supp. 952 (E.D. Pa. 1995)
- Rales v. Blasband, 634 A.2d 927 (Del. 1993)
- Blasband v. Rales, 979 F.2d 324 (3d Cir.
- Blasband v. Rales, 971 F.2d 1034 (3d Cir.